Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Well duh.

Looks like Greece politics made it on to the monroerising blog today. Nothing as salacious as one Chili candidate hiring a PI to investigate another but still we got a shoutout over Maloney's response to Auberger's mailing over the police investigation.

Ok, let me get this straight. Maloney makes the statement that Auberger will try to deflect blame away from town hall with the investigation. Then this blog wants to stand up and say because town hall is investigating it proves that they are holding themselves responsible for what they find.

COME ON!! These people are in a campaign against each other! What exactly do you expect to them to say? How do you expect them to act?

You think Maloney is going to stand up and say: "Look Johnny dude, I totally believe you rock. Your investigation is aces and that letter you sent out was superb! In fact, I'M going to vote for you myself because I know you are doing everything 100% right and just the way I would." And then Auberger will respond: "Naw, you da man, Jimmy. Hey, while you're here, can I get a receipt for my union dues? Hey I know! Let's CO-SUPERVISE!"

What it boils down to is this. Yeah, hooray for the town and prosecutors and all that for investigating. But when it is done, they will not mea culpa if there is any loophole for them not to. The focus will be on the fact of what was uncovered not that there was anything TO uncover in the first place. And who is really going to blame them? And where would Maloney be if he didn't offer some kind of soundbite calling them out on that?

And if the roles were reversed I'd just be switching around the names but the story would be the same. You gotta love the blog spin factor though.

15 comments:

cal said...

Monroe rising is not worth much. Mostly knee jerk stuff.

Even though the republicans still rule they see themselves as victims of the liberal media. I don;t see much liberal media in Rochester.
There is little worse than those who have power and portray themselves as victims of those who have a lot less.

LeRogueBlogger said...

I'm all for being loyal to your cause but you also shouldn't have blinders on. Half the time when you defend the real over the top actions, it makes you look more ridiculous than the person you are being loyal to. Then it's a show though so I find amusement in it I guess.

Anonymous said...

To LRB ~~ just in case you weren't aware ... Maloney's first name is "Dan" ... not "Jimmy."

Anonymous said...

The reason the Auberger has not been implicated is, he found/hired Lozinsky to make sure that he would come out clean in the wash. Coffee

LeRogueBlogger said...

I guess my Hoffa reference was too vague SCATS!

Anonymous said...

To LRB ~~ Actually I thought of that, but I heard Rahn confessed to Loszynski that Hoffa's body is under GPD's HQ on Island Cottage ;) lol

LeRogueBlogger said...

Can we hire Geraldo to dig for it?

Anonymous said...

So who are you endorsing LRB?

Anonymous said...

Coffee, how clean do you think he'll get? Enough to win come election day?

Anonymous said...

8:50 We have a lot of seniors and repubs in our community that just might think he is doing enough to handle the problems. We have a low trun out for elections in Greece so that may add to the probability he may win again. He may pull it off. As much as people want change they are often afraid of the unknown. I think many may not vote because they may not see one as a stand out GOOD choice. The good outcome IMHO would be new town board, the majority Dems and JA as supervisor. ( I don't think either is good choice, one lacks leadership ability, and the other lacks experience coupled with the union affiliation may not be for the "people" as a whole.

It really is a tough question to answer as I am not for one party politics and I am concerned if it is a clean "sweep" It will be more of the same iron fisted rule. Power does that to groups. Coffee

Anonymous said...

I don;t think keeping Auberger in office is any part of the answer.

This does not show an awareness of politics

LeRogueBlogger said...

What we really needed was a republican primary! I would have liked to have seen that!

Anonymous said...

This is starting to sound like an awfully serious discussion on politics ...

and ...

It looks like the peons at Monroe Rising think skewering Maloney draws a bigger audience. They posted another lengthy rant. Maybe they got some impetus from LRB's entry ...?

Anonymous said...

12:09 I don't think either canidate is the answer, however what would be better a republican maj. board and Dem supervisor, or the opposite? I see no real winning senerio. The only up side to JA remaining is a majority Dem board could really hold him accountable for the past mis-deeds and if it results in charges then so be it. Then perhaps the republicans would come out with a new canidate and maybe there would be two choices, rather than the lesser of two evils we have now. Coffee

LeRogueBlogger said...

I am just annoyed that the Chili primary - PRIMARY! - had the audacity to steal some of our political news-space. How dare they?!?

Speaking of Chili and monroerising, see how they tsked tsked the GOP candidate for the whole PI thing -against another member of his party no less, right?- but ended the blog with the tone of -Oh yeah the democrats probably do it too, it's just their bag, baby- ? THAT is what I want to call them out on! COME ON!

a. that doesn't make it OK just cuz both sides do it

b. one side DID it, and we know it

c. if the other side had DONE IT, would monroerising had said "Bad bad democrats, you are unethical and wrong but ummmm my favorite party does it too and it is our normal procedure so shame on US?" noooooooooooo they wouldn't have.

So stop being all glass housey and acting like it is the principle of the thing. Own up to your agenda. That is what cheeses me off the most! I don't care what your agenda is but OWN IT!